Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent (who pretties these sheets before they go live) will be posting Word Count Wednesdays so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These posts will still include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- Dan delivers dates
- Personal Dropper – picture of Azza, 24, student, London
- Religion: Pope to make English convert a saint
- Head over heels – I was walking along, talking to a hot boy when my laces got caught in a street sigh and I fell over, I couldn’t get back up as I was so tangled. Chloe, 27, Barista, Leeds
- a rough illustration of a musical note (a quaver – see https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-m-276-musical-notes-display-posters)
- a pair of laces
- children thinking about the future… our leaders only think of themselves
- Quote of the day: a great city is that which has the greatest men and women, Walt Whitman
- Clients pay for our respect and discretion
- Oct 8, Willy Brandt
- Story prompt: the clock ticked menacingly…