Guest blog topics
I’ve been fortunate enough to have more than 300 guest blog posts written for me, and when I’m contacted by authors wishing to write posts, they’re a little overawed by the topics covered so I thought I’d make it clearer.
Below are the topics covered to-date, and those yet to be discussed (not a lot!). If you would like to write about any topics not covered (or for that matter, ones that have already been covered), just let me know.
I post these (or other writing-related content) weekday mornings (UK time), and am looking for:
- 500-1,000 words on a first-person informative writing-related topic (if you’re stuck for ideas look at the list of posted items and / or see below for topics already covered) ending with a question(s) to encourage the reader to comment.*
- third-person biography*
- full website links (no tinyurl.com etc) to where we can find you and your writing*
- *please send all text together in one document attachment, not pasted into an email
- low-resolution .jpg photos of yourself and / or one or two covers (as separate files within the same email)… then when everything’s ready, email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I like to mix the topics so please be aware that you may not necessarily get the next available slot.
- Please note: Due to previous Google compliance issues, I am not longer accepting submissions from online bloggers with non-writing-related site links, and in all cases, submission does not guarantee acceptance.
- Because of the high volume of enquiries, I don’t schedule in advance but when I receive the content.
- Please allow a minimum of two weeks for a reply before chasing me. Thank you.
Do you have a blog / website and would like me to guest blog on yours? Take a look here.
There are also opportunities for author spotlights, blog interviews (although the interviews now carry a £20 / $30 fee) and flash fiction (6 words and Flash Fiction Fridays (which are later podcasted) or weekly Post-weekend Poetry. Take a look at the relevant pages for their lead times. I also have five Online Writing Groups, four of which run weekday writing exercises.
Click here for a chronological list of guest blogs posted and scheduled. If you hover over the authors’ names you’ll see, within the post’s full link, the exact topic they’ve talked about.
Topics covered to-date:
- Admin: Andrew Crofts, Paul Hurst, and Paul Taylor.
- Agents: Morgen Bailey.
- Anthologies: Cheryl Shireman.
- Audio: Jean Henry Mead, Ken Le Salle, and Rachel Cochrane.
- Author vs writer: Alana Woods, and Bob Frey.
- Autobiographies: see Genres – non-fiction
- Beginnings: Alicia Rasley, Deborah Rae Cota, Graham Smith, Melodie Campbell, and Roxanne Porter.
- Biographies: see Genres – non-fiction
- Blogging (inc. online / content writing): Allison Finney, Amanda Klein & Allyson Wuerth, Anne R Allen, Erin Palmer, Helen Bailey, Michael McPherson, Morgen Bailey 1, Morgen Bailey 2, and Morgen Bailey 3.
- Blurbs: Ken Magee.
- Characters: Anne O’Connell, Armand Rosamilia, Carol Crigger, Chris Redding, Christopher Starr, Ditrie Sanchez, Graham Smith 1, Graham Smith 2, Jane Davis, Jean Henry Mead, Jerry Last, Jo Barney, John Harper, Morgen Bailey, Nina Munteanu, Paul Lell, Rebecca Chastain, Sandra Humphrey, TJ Perkins 1, and TJ Perkins 2.
- Children’s: see Genres – children’s
- Christmas: Helen M Hunt, Lorna Fergusson, and Trisha Ashley.
- Collaborations: Andrew Crofts, David Coles, Elizabeth Bailey, and Lauren Bailey.
- Competitions: Ben Skinner, Dal Burns, and John Yeoman.
- Computer tips: Morgen Bailey (part 1), and Morgen Bailey (part 2).
- Covers: Lorraine Jenkin, Nina Munteanu, Rodica Mihalis, and Vonnie Winslow Crist.
- Craft of writing (also see ‘Writer’s block’ below): Aileen Gibb, Allison Foster, Andre Cruz, Ben Russel, Benjamin Cohen, FM Meredith, Graham Smith 1, Graham Smith 2, Ian Miller, Ira Nayman, Issy Flamel, Jane Wenham-Jones 1, Jane Wenham-Jones 2, João Cerqueira, Jemma Hayes, Jerry Last, J Griffith Mitchell, JL Greger, John Vorhaus, Maria Castle, Melodie Campbell, Marianne Curtis, Marion Grace Woolley, Melodie Campbell, M J Moores, Morgan St James, Morgen Bailey (essentials), Morgen Bailey (rituals), Morgen Bailey (negatives), Morgen Bailey (writing tips), Nathan Weaver, Patrick Swimmerly, Paul Lell part 1, Paul Lell part 2, PJ Nunn, Quentin Bates, Rita Plush, Roger Hurn, Samantha Gray, Sherry Gloag, SJ Wardell, Stefan Bolz, Sue Welfare, Tracy Kauffman, and VM Gopaul.
- Critique: see Feedback
- eBooks: Caroline A Shearer, Dave Sivers 1, Dave Sivers 2, David Coles 1, David Coles 2, Fred Willard, Joseph V Sultana, Marlayna Glynn Brown, Nadia Jones, Paul Hurst 1, Paul Hurst 2, Tad Wojnicki, and Terri Morgan.
- Editing: Alana Woods, John J Hohn, Kathryn Meyer Griffith, Marcia Riefer Johnston, and Yvonne Anderson.
- eNewsletters: Rebecca Dahlke.
- Endings: Ian Miller.
- Epilogues/prologues: Lauren Grimley.
- Erotica: see Genres – romance / erotica
- Events (inc. book signings): Alice Shapiro, Carol Wyer, Feather Schwarz Foster, Jane Wenham-Jones, Judith Marshall, Lev Raphael, and Terri Morgan.
- Fan Fiction: Drew Black.
- Feedback/critique/rejections: AJ Race, Al Levenson, Catherine Astolfo, CS Lakin, Dana Sitar, Melodie Campbell, and Nancy Ellen Dodd.
- Flash Fiction: see Short Stories
- Fundraising: Dan Grubb, Nathan Zinc & Julie M Covert, and Stephen Black.
- Gaming: Yohana Petrovic.
- Genders in Fiction: Robin Matchett.
- Genres – children’s: Fiona Veitch Smith, Glen Strathy, Jaquelyn Muller, Roger Hurn, Sarahjane Funnell, and Sheila Dalton.
- Genres – crime / mystery / thriller / suspense: Connie Knight, Graham Smith 1, Graham Smith 2, DJ Swykert, Jim Webster, Joyce Strand, Marietta Miemietz, Marla Madison, Quentin Bates, Warren Bull, and Wayne Zurl.
- Genres – fantasy: Andy Barten, Rae Z Ryans, TJ Perkins, Vonnie Winslow Crist, and Yvonne Hertzberger.
- Genres – historical: Alison Bruce, Connie Knight, Joyce Strand, Lou Allin, Margaret Muir, Phoebe Matthews, and William S Shepard.
- Genres – horror: Armand Rosamilia, and Marla Madison.
- Genres – humour: Sophie Duffy, and Valerie Laws.
- Geners – literary: João Cerqueira.
- Genres – non-fiction (inc. articles, biography, memoir, essays): AJ Kirby, Amanda Klein & Allyson Wuerth, DJ Swykert, Dr Friedemann Schaub, Graham Smith, Helen Bailey, Jane Hertenstein, Jeff Rasley, Jennifer Boire, Jonathan Taylor, Karen Robbins, Kate Funk, Kristine Millar, Nina Bingham, Sean Gray, Tonya Vrba, and William Shepard.
- Genres – romance / erotica: Cherry Radford, Jane Wenham-Jones, Melodie Campbell, Quentin Bates, and Sarah Clare.
- Genres – science-fiction: Dal Burns, Joy V Smith 1, Joy V Smith 2, Paul Lell, and Robin Matchett.
- Genres – mixed: Alison Bruce, Anne O’Connell, Nowick Gray, Robin Leigh Morgan, and Shaundra Kennedy Wenger.
- Grammar: Morgen Bailey.
- Graphic novels inc. manga: TJ Perkins.
- Health: Rayne E Golay.
- ‘How to’ books: Alicia Rasley.
- Ideas & inspiration: Anna White, Barbara Jolie, Debra Borys, Ellen L Ekstrom, Fran Dorf, Graham Smith, Jane Wenham-Jones part 1, Jane Wenham-Jones part 2, JD Mader, JL Greger, Kim Cresswell, Kurt Kamm, Maria Rainier, Neil Yuzuk, Morgen Bailey, Nina Munteanu, Quentin Bates re. food, Quentin Bates re. peoplewatching, Richard Brawer, Rochelle Reese, Sandra Humphrey, Toinette Thomas, William J Jackson, and Yohana Petrovic.
- Illustration: Vonnie Winslow Crist.
- Kickstarter: see Fundraising
- Legacies: Una Tiers.
- Libraries: Terri Morgan.
- Locations: Andy Barten, Barbara Quinn, Kenneth Weene, JL Greger, Lea Ryan, Lou Allin, Marion Grace Woolley, Morgan St James, Paul Lell, and Peter Murphy.
- Marketing: Andrew Crofts, Bill Munro, Carol Wyer 1, Carol Wyer 2, Catherine Lundoff, Christopher Profeta, CS Lakin, Gary Showalter, Eric Muss-Barnes, Feather Schwarz Foster, Heather Green, Jamie Cawley, Jane Wenham-Jones, Judith Marshall, Kathryn Jones, Kim Dalferes, Lev Raphael, Patricia Fry, Phyllis Zimbler Miller, Rachel Abbott 1, Rachel Abbott 2, Robert Rosen, Sarahjane Funnell, and Terri Morgan.
- Middles: Heidi M Thomas, and Jennifer Snow.
- Misc: JD Mader re. America.
- Music: JD Mader, Paul Hurst.
- NaNoWriMo: Andrew Peters, Evan Marshall & Martha Jewett, JD Mader. Morgen Bailey, and Rochelle Melander.
- Non-fiction: see Genres – non-fiction
- Novels: Andrew Peters, Evan Marshall & Martha Jewett, Carol Wyer, Catherine Stovall, Evan Marshall & Martha Jewett, Feather Schwarz Foster, Heidi M Thomas, Jane Wenham-Jones, Jennifer Snow, JL Greger 1, JL Greger 2, Joe Cosentino, Judith Marshall, Ken Magee, Kenneth S Murray, Lev Raphael, Lorraine Jenkin, Morgen Bailey, Rochelle Melander, and Terri Morgan.
- Online writing: see Blogging, and Genres – non-fiction
- Pen names: see Pseudonyms
- Planning: Adrian Magson, Nancy Dodd, and Rachel Abbott.
- Poetry: Alice Shapiro, Angelita Williams, Cendrine Marrouat, John J Hohn, Kerry Hammerton, Louis at Poetry Lobby, Phillip Ellis 1, and Phillip Ellis 2.
- Points of view: FM Meredith, Morgen Bailey, Rosemary McCracken, and Yvonne Hertzberger.
- Politics: Paula Friedman.
- Procrastination: see Writer’s block.
- Promotion: see Marketing.
- Proofreading: Brian Karrey.
- Pseudonyms: Janey Fraser, Juliet Greenwood, and Una Tiers.
- Publishing (traditional): Amy Lynch, anonymous, CS Lakin, Daniel Grubb, Gila Green, Jim Webster, Joseph V Sultana, Sandra Miller, Sophie Essen, and Yvonne Cassidy.
- Publishing (self): Andrew Crofts, Annie Ireson, Bill Munro, David Coles, Ethan Jones, Jane Davis, Jean Henry Mead, Marianne Curtis, Sandra Miller, Sarahjane Funnell, Sheron McCartha, Tad Wojnicki, TJ Perkins, and Tracey Sinclair.
- Readers/reading: Deb Atwood, Graham Smith, Morgen Bailey, Roger Hurn, Rosie Cochran, Saskia Akyil, and Warren Bull.
- Rejections: see Feedback
- Research/accuracy: Alison Bruce, George Bernstein, Graham Smith, Jackie Weger, Neil Yuzuk part 1, Neil Yuzuk part 2, Neil Yuzuk part 3, and Velda Brotherton.
- Screenwriting: Nancy Dodd.
- Scriptwriting: Alice Shapiro, Dal Burns, and Morgen Bailey.
- Self-publishing: see Publishing (self)
- Series – CK Crigger, and Nicole Dunlap.
- Settings: see Locations
- Sex scenes: see Genres: romance/erotica
- Short stories: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Roger Hurn, Sarah Grace Logan, and Warren Bull.
- Social media / networking: Kim Dalferes, Lynn Albrecht, and Seumas Gallacher.
- Songwriting: Jane Risdon, and Morgen Bailey.
- Story structure (also see Beginnings/Middles/Endings): Christine Hunt part 1, Christine Hunt part 2, and Christine Hunt part 3.
- Submissions: Amanda Klein & Allyson Wuerth.
- Swearing: Graham Smith, and Jane Davis.
- Synopses: Ken Magee.
- Titles: Catherine Stovall, JL Greger, and Kenneth S Murray.
- Wattpad: Phyllis Zimbler Miller.
- Websites: DV Berkom.
- Women’s magazines: Helen M Hunt.
- Word count: CS Lakin.
- Writer’s block: Andean White, Danika Dunsmore, Issy Flamel, Louisa Clarkson, Marlene Carolselli, Nicky Wells, Smoky Ziedel, and Tracey Alley.
- Writing groups: Carmen Brettel, Morgen Bailey, and Sarah Grace Logan.
- Writing guides: see How to books
- Writing retreats & workshops: Helen M Hunt, Quentin Bates, and Tad Wojnicki.
NB. Just because a topic’s been covered it doesn’t mean to say that you can’t write something new about that topic – we all think and work differently. :)
So, if there’s anything above that grabs you, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
I post these every Tuesday and Thursday evenings (UK time), and am looking for writing-related topics up to c. 1000 words with a
There are also opportunities for author spotlights, blog interviews (although the interviews now carry a fee) and flash fiction for the weekly Flash Fiction Fridays (which are then podcasted) or weekly Post-weekend Poetry. Take a look at the relevant pages for their lead times. I also now have five Online Writing Groups.