Hello everyone. I’m a writer, editor, blogger and creative writing tutor. I love everything writing-related, especially fiction, and have lots to share with you here including…
I’ve taken much of the feedback I’ve given my editing clients over the last nine years and put it in this book. Will this mean that you don’t need an editor? Sadly not, but whoever you use (I’d gladly help you and offer a free 1,000-word sample), will be eternally grateful (hopefully!) to receive a more refined novel.
So, more about the book… this is the blurb…
How to polish your novels and short stories – a comprehensive guide including a 170+ tips checklist.
In this book we look at (including some exercises):
– the components of your story;
– points of view;
– the power of three: beginnings, middles, ends
– another power of three: characters, settings, plots
– conflict and pacing
– polishing your writing: 170+ tips for making your writing shine;
– the layout of your book;
– and finally (a summary checklist)…
This book is suitable for…
– Writers of any age and experience;
– Writers of novels and short stories (predominantly – it will help scriptwriters and poets too);
– Writers looking to have their writing taken seriously!
** Hold the front page! TSDSL has been captured in a new video…
FREE 1000-word editing sample with feedback on your writing
Have you written something that you would like feedback on?
I offer a free no-obligation full edit on either a piece of flash fiction (up to 1,000 words), the beginning of a short story, or the opening of your novel. If submitting the latter, I will also give you feedback on your synopsis (most agents / publishers just want a page, this can be single spaced rather than double as the manuscript should be) and a cover letter if you have one.
FREE 100-word competition: June’s theme is ‘German’
As I’ve been involved in others in the past (entering, organising and judging – I was the 2015 H.E. Bates Short Story Competition Head Judge!), I launched my own competition in September 2015. As a fan of micro-fiction, I invite you to send me your 100-word stories (excluding title) – a ‘drabble’ – with the chance to win either…
- one or more of my online creative writing courses. The prizes are a choice of three courses to the winner, two courses to the second placed and one course of the third placed choice, plus up to three honourable mentions (depending on quantity / merit of entries) per month winning free entry coupon code to my entering writing competitions course…
- Alternatively, you could win up to a 2,000-word edit & critique of your own writing!
- Or you can choose one of my eBooks.
- Full details and entry form on this blog’s 100-word comp page.
My latest books…
Morgen with an E
Should you like to find out more about me, you can click on any of the pictures below or scroll down to read more info and there’s a history of my writing achievements on Morgen With An ‘E’…
And now a little about me and this site…
Hello! I’m Morgen Bailey, ‘Morgen With An E’, and I started this blog on 31st March 2011 with the intention of posting the occasional item about writing (pretty much my sole interest since 2005 which became my career March 2012) but it soon built to what it is today… 800+ interviews, 400+ author spotlights, 300+ guest blogs, 150+ Flash Fiction Fridays and batches of 6-word FFFs, and 100+ post-weekend poems… 3,300+ posts generating 200-800+ views a day, to-date 310,000+ hits. If you’d like to take part, please click here.
If it’s information you’re after, then you’ve come to the right place (or one of them anyway), there are competitions, reviews and reviewers, submission info., writing 101 (tips), writing groups, how to create free book trailer videos and eBooks, as well as feedback, courses (which will be in person and online), you can take part in my online writing groups, go and buy books: other people’s and there’s an Ask Me facility if there’s anything you want to know about writing (I’ll try my best to help you). I also have an area of the blog called Other stuff which including advice on Marketing, Quotes, and eNewspapers. If you’d like to know more about me, there’s my writing, books: mine and Morgen With An ‘E’. If you’re looking for an editor, I offer that service (various levels) along with other facilities.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you enjoyed your stay and that you picked up something useful. If you would like to know anything else or have any writing-related queries, you can email me.