Hello. Here are your prompts for this week. As well as these sheets every Friday, the lovely author assistant/editor/lady Friday(!) Caroline Vincent will be posting my Word Count Wednesdays posts so you can let us know how your writing’s been going over the previous week. I aim for 300 words a day which is an astounding 109,500 words a year and so, starting today, you could have that (or more) by this time next year!
These random sheet posts include the text versions together with explanations of any individual pictures so that anyone unable to see the picture and prompts will be able to read the text, or have to text read to them. It also means you can copy and paste the text should you wish to use it for your own writing.
Make of them what you will and let me know how you get on in the comments section below (or on Facebook/ Twitter). NB. just give us a summary unless you want to share the whole piece but if you post the actual writing, it’s deemed as published and you’ll be limiting where you can send it. So here goes…
- How a London bus caused utter panic
- Scientists learn to take a walk on the wild side
- Space-age Scotch
- Sexting teenager
- Auschwitz: UK teenagers face trial for theft
- A car no thief would touch
- League tables for police
- Measure for measure, employee monitoring is the work of the devil
- Kenya: Judges to reopen case amid claims of obstruction
- Rhodes offers a history lesson
- Heritage: The mysterious sport of clog fighting kicks back
- Hello, is this planet Earth?
- An image of a heart on a necklace
- Geek Mythology
- Police: Chief Constable forced to quit over misconduct
- Secret of Loch Ness
- Mysterious footprints and blood in the snow… It’s time to settle down to a nice cosy murder