Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and seventy-second piece in this series. This week’s is the twenty-ninth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
by Chong Teck SIM – aspiring Singaporean writer
- Festive sale. Countless purchases. Exhausted purse.
- Siblings: never see eye-to-eye. Worried parents.
- Tattooed man. Quiet library. Internet surfing.
- Tour guide. Thrifty visitors. Abusive language.
- Packed stadium. Alarm rings. Mass stampede.
- Book in hand. Eyes closed. Snoring.
- Hungry vampire. My punctured neck.
- 7am: fleeing animals. 7.05am: earthquake strikes.
- Warm night. Calamansi juice. Rejuvenated soul.
- By the sea. Sweet dreams.
by Mark K – a writer? Trying hard.
Things a hateful mother might say…
- I bought you from an Arab.
- Your father never really wanted children.
- No wonder the orphanage sold you.
- You call him dad, but listen…
- Yes my darling, wardrobe-monsters DO exist.
- I found you in the park.
- Your school-mates call you ugly… So?
- Come and watch this horror film
- I’ll swap you for a puppy
- Say hello to your real father…
by Christine Howe – exponent of slow living
- Flowers binned, still fresh, stems broken.
- The wedding gifts failed to float.
- The blackbird’s song, no longer sweet.
- Hardly a mark on the car.
- It might have been an echo.
- No one shovelled snow for her.
- High-tec appliances, cold lighting, bloody floor.
- Always Chopin. No other music counted.
by Paul – lived and died for family
- Obama spoke, lines drawn, weapons aimed.
- Winter died, seeds sewn, future uncertain.
- Last breath, soul free, ancestors wait.
- IF is one half of life.
- I hope Morgen will publish me.
I did! Thank you Paul.
and then three from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Accountant Trevor has an exciting secret.
- The ‘level playing field’ was bumpy.
- Mickey, late for his own funeral.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
*** Breaking news! My online creative writing courses are currently £1 or $1-2! ***
You can subscribe to this blog on your Kindle / Kindle app via Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com. Alternatively, you can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything (see right-hand vertical menu).
You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating. Thank you.
If you would like to send me a book review of another author’s books or like your book reviewed (short stories, contemporary crime / women’s novels or writing guides), see book-reviews for the guidelines. Other options listed on opportunities-on-this-blog. And I post writing exercises every weekday on four online writing groups.