Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and seventy-sixth piece in this series. This week’s is the thirty-third bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
by Bob Fairfield – Bob, small name but big ideas
- My cup overfloweth, spilt that wrong.
- His open hands held no surprises.
- The dead ignored the trumpet call.
- Silence was all we could hear.
by Chong Teck SIM – aspiring Singaporean writer
- Funeral wake. Weeping mourners. Unaffected widow.
- Hungry mosquitoes. Raging party: all-you-can-eat buffet.
- Out of anger, I bite him.
- Campfire: five guys telling ghost stories.
- Seven-year itch: please continue to scratch.
- With difficulty, she repaid her debts.
- He challenges his late father’s will.
- Before surrendering, he visited his children.
- Two women. Identical evening gowns. Chaos!
- Intrepid explorers. Cave bottom. Hidden treasure.
by Geoff Linder, wheelchair enthusiast and liar
- Mayfly seeks similar, no time wasters.
- Get out of this without moving.
- ‘Slow’ food restaurant opening soon perhaps.
- Nails torn from Saint in translation.
- NATO promises empty says Warsaw Pact.
- Jonah resigns amid claims of optimism.
by Mark K – a writer? Trying hard (On why I wanna be a Chelsea pensioner)
- I’d look absolutely gorgeous in red.
- I love those little black hats.
- I’m looking for an older lover.
- They let women into this club.
- I wanna meet other wrinkly people.
- Famous people look up to them…
- …or look down in my case.
- Even the Royals give them respect.
- I’d get myself a free scooter.
- I enjoy talking to deaf people.
by Samantha Connolly – navigates life through writing
- Rain with love; better than sun.
- Stay united or pay the price.
- Con man, con woman, sad society.
- Wither and bloom, live before death.
- Dress the heart as a child.
and then some from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Some great stories there… thank you. (especially newbie Geoff!)
- My 500-word challenge results next Friday.
- May’s 100-word competition closes midnight Tuesday.
- Been working hard… my paperbacks available!
- And new online courses coming soon. 🙂
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
*** Breaking news! My online creative writing courses are currently half price! ***
You can subscribe to this blog on your Kindle / Kindle app via Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com. Alternatively, you can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything (see right-hand vertical menu).
You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating. Thank you.
If you would like to send me a book review of another author’s books or like your book reviewed (short stories, contemporary crime / women’s novels or writing guides), see book-reviews for the guidelines. Other options listed on opportunities-on-this-blog. And I post writing exercises every weekday on four online writing groups.