Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and seventy-eighth piece in this series. This week’s is the thirty-fifth bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies!
- Music student. Failed audition. Heavy eyes.
- He woke up with bloodied hands.
- Kampong lifestyle. Outdoor games. Pulau Ubin.
- Biopsy sample. Repeated testing. Inconclusive result.
- Science student. Thermodynamics project. Unimpressed judges.
- Into his embrace, she falls asleep.
- Angkor Wat. Family vacation. Years ago.
- Boy-Girl: hand-in-hand, under shining stars.
- Before incarceration, he righted his wrong.
- After the fight, she left home.
- Pizza. Saved him more than crust.
- Scratches her back even when tired.
- Dusted cheval mirror. Frightened. Sped away.
- Submitted stories, poems. Waited. Submitted again.
- Married. Divorced. Wedding gown? Garbage can.
- Sensitive. Itchy hives. Seasoning, not spice.
- Inside carrel: crying. New job — now!
- Calls. Hangs up. Repeats. Relationship: dead.
- Weight up, down, up. Exercise — more!
- Stairs. Stairs. Slowly. Using walker, still.
by Kushal Poddar, author of three books
- She kept looking at my lifeline.
- The man slept through his funeral.
- She sniffs the tiny red sock.
- Just another cigarette burn. Vacant eyes.
by Panjami Anand, enjoys writing 6-word stories
- Blindness found what I didn’t behold.
by Ron Pullins, playwright and erstwhile publisher
- Spring: white, white, white, brown mud.
- Wanted: A meaningful one night stand.
- Nursing leg wounds that won’t heal.
- Before I was so attractively interrupted.
- I’m returning this unicorn called Sid.
- And I have not played since.
- I suggest you seek medical advice.
- No. I’ll give it a miss.
- So nobody heard the three gunshots?
- In one ear, and stayed there.
- I must walk this road alone.
- Joy now filled their grieving hearts.
and then some from yours truly… Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Handsome man, weak knees, MS sufferer.
- Wide grin, matches lit, fire set.
- Two months off. Revising my drafts.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (up to ten per blog post, although you can send as many as you like and I’ll either pick the best ones or if I like most / all of them, schedule ahead) and / or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here.
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
*** Breaking news! My online creative writing courses are currently half price and one FREE! ***
You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating. Thank you.
If you would like to send me a book review of another author’s books or like your book reviewed (short stories, contemporary crime / women’s novels or writing guides), see book-reviews for the guidelines. Other options listed on opportunities-on-this-blog. And I post writing exercises every weekday on four online writing groups.