Welcome to Flash Fiction Friday and the one hundred and thirty-seventh piece in this series. This week’s is the eleventh bunch of 6-word stories by a variety of authors, together with their 6-word biographies! These stories will be podcasted in episode 41 (with the tenth batch and two <500-word stories) on Sunday 29th June.
by… William Bortz, afreshnewview.blogspot.com, writer, barista, dreamer.
- These shoes are stained with travel
- Old letters, outdated postage, same desires
- Fathers Day; no gift to give (third Sunday in June)
by… Tony Tibbenham – Writing because I must.
- Happy family. Infidelity. End of trust.
- Go fishing. Lose footing. Get wet.
by… Maria; my dog is my muse
- Heart pounds. Cheeks flush. Calm down.
- I’m mad. So wrong. You know?
- Brush me. Soulful eyes. Belly please. …
by… Mark K, a writer?… trying hard
- Electric chair: A shocking bit of kit.
- Dutch footwear factory gets clogged up.
- That a jacuzzi? No. I’m farting.
by… Sal Buttaci is an open book.
- She’s ten degrees shy of hot-tempered.
- Diabetics are sweet enough without sugar.
- Only fountains of youth stay young.
by… Vicki, always interested, retrospective, searching, writing
- Sun room. Spring time all year.
- Hummingbirds. Nectar for these tiny gods.
- Paint my soul with dewdrop flowers.
by Dan Collins, sci-fi lover, family man.
- Prize fighter, thrown match, debts paid.
- Bank heist, innocent bystander, murder charges.
- Computer genius billionaire, scammed, poor house.
by Jon Gyngell: ginger-faced word herder
- Man bites dog, likes the taste.
- Heart mended, I will kill again.
- Child: free to a cheap home.
by Nancy Raynsford – teaching numbers, writing words
- Listen, learn. Review, revise. Exam envelope.
- Pain, baby. Grow, love. Leave, return.
- Mirror, make-up. Party, people. Home, hangover.
and then three from yours truly, Morgen Bailey, Morgen With an E
- Rubbing hands. Garden. Glee. Gone forever.
- Her pleading eyes say too much.
- Dirty glasses. Dirty soul. Big smile.
Thank you, everyone.
If you’d like to submit your 6-worders (two per blog post, although you can send as many as you like) or 500-word max. stories for consideration for Flash Fiction Friday take a look here, or up to 1,000 words for critique on my Online Short Story Writing Group (links below).
- and guest blogs about short stories on this blog: Alberta Ross, Jane Hertenstein, Helen M Hunt, Morgen Bailey, Sarah Grace Logan, Warren Bull.
You can sign up to receive these blog posts daily or weekly so you don’t miss anything. You can contact me and find me on the internet, view my Books (including my debut novel The Serial Dater’s Shopping List, various short story collections and writer’s block workbooks) and I also have a blog creation / maintenance service especially for, but not limited to, writers. If you like this blog, you can help me keep it running by donating and choose an optional free eBook.
For writers / readers willing to give feedback and / or writers wanting feedback, take a look at this blog’s Feedback page.
As I post a spotlight or interview a day (amongst other things) I can’t unfortunately review books but I have a list of those who do. If there’s anything you’d like to take part in, take a look at Opportunities on this blog.
I welcome items for critique directly (see Editing & Critique) or for posting on the online writing groups.